Some services in the City Bowl and the West Beach area of Table View will be reduced or suspended from 1 October 2022.
These changes are in urgent response to the growing cost of providing services, which has resulted from significant increases to the price of diesel in recent months. There will also be a mandatory fare increase on 1 November triggered by the ongoing, high cost of diesel (details to follow).
The following service changes take place on 1 October 2022:
1. The 114 and 115 routes will be suspended.
Passengers can still connect between Sea Point and the inner city via route 104 along Beach Road from Adderley station, routes 108, 109 and 118 along Main Road from Adderley station, and route 105 along High Level Road from the Civic Centre station.
2. Some routes will operate a Saturday schedule from Monday to Sunday.
- Routes 101 and 111 will each operate every 60 minutes. These buses will run half an hour apart, ensuring a bus every 30 minutes across these two routes.
- Route 103 will operate 35 minutes.
- Route 104 will operate every 40 minutes.
- Route 113 will operate every 60 minutes.
- Routes 213 and 223 will each operate every 35 minutes.