National government has introduced changes to the regulations for Alert Level 3 of the national lockdown in an effort to limit the spread of Covid-19.
Here are the changes:
- A curfew is effective between 21:00 and 04:00 daily, prohibiting movement unless it is to perform essential services or for emergency purposes.
- If you need to use public transport during the curfew, you must be in possession of a valid permit.
- You MUST wear a mask or cloth to cover your nose and mouth at all times in public. You will NOT be allowed into a public transport facility or vehicle without one.
- MyCiTi buses can now transport 100% of their licensed capacity but we appeal to passengers to travel in the off peak or to wait for an emptier bus if possible.
- Public transport vehicle windows must remain open while passengers are being transported. The circulation of fresh air will help limit the spread of the virus.
MyCiTi passengers who do not have their own hand sanitiser are encouraged to use the hand sanitiser provided at stations and on buses before and after each trip.
Please also remember to keep as much distance from others as possible, avoid touching common surfaces, and to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before and after travelling.
MyCiTi stations, buses and other facilities are continuously cleaned and sanitised but we urge passengers to also play their part to stay safe and to protect their friends, family and broader community.
Together, we can overcome Covid-19.